Recipe Courtesy: Received from my friends Jeff and Brigette Clark.
Chicken Wings : 10 Pounds
Crushed Coriander Seeds :1/4 Cup
Crushed Cumin Seeds : 1tsp
Kosher salt : 2tbsp
Extra Virgin Olive Oil : 1/4 Cup
Siracha Chile Sauce : 3/4 Cup (see notes below)
Unsalted Butter Melted : 1 1/2 Sticks
Chopped Cilantro : 1/2 Cup
Lime Juice and Lime Zest: 3 lemons
- In a very large bowl, toss the wings with the coriander and cumin seeds, cinnamon, kosher salt, and olive oil. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375degrees.
- Spread the wings on 3 large rimmed baking sheets and roast for about 75 to 90 minutes, until crispy and golden. Stir or turn occasionally to help the wings crisp.
- Wash out the bowl.
- Add the Siracha sauce, butter, cilantro, lime zest and juice.
- Add the wings to the sauce and toss well.
- Do so in small batches if necessary. Serve hot.
Notes: This can be a great party meal.
It can be made in small quantity also, just calculate the portion of all the ingredients needed.
Siracha sauce is available at almost all the grocery stores, especially at an oriental store for a much cheaper price. If unable to find it, make your own by following the recipe here. http://www.whiteonricecouple.com/recipes/fruit-recipes-2/sriracha-chili-garlic-hot-sauce-recipe/
Wash and pat dry the wings before proceeding with the recipe, to help reduce the water content while cooking.
It tastes better eating warm.
This can be served with a simple coleslaw, and toasted whole grain bread and some white wine.