- Thoroughly mix all the listed ingredients to a paste.
- Turn on the oven to the broiler mode to preheat
- If patience allows, let the fish marinate in the spice for a few minutes.
- Lay the fish pieces flat on an oil coated oven proof dish.
- Cook one side for 6 minutes or more depends on your preference.
- Flip the fish over to the other side and cook for another 5 to 6mins.
- Take it out of the oven and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
Notes:-- you can taste the spice paste a bit and see if it lacks anything.
Cooking time can be varied as per individual preference and oven setting.
Broiler gives you a more drier version while baking it for 30 or 20 minutes may give you a very moist version of the fish.
The same recipe may be used for the frying version of it, if so marinate for few hours. You may try this same recipe on other types of fish as well.
Nothing fancy about this, except it is quick and easy.
My combination meal for this day was fish served with rice, butter milk curry, moongdal thoran, and a piece of lemon pickle.