Recipe Taken From Mrs.K.M Matthew’s cook book
Servings : 3
Okra : 30
Olive Oil : 2 tbsp
Mustard Seeds : 1/2 tsp
Thinly Sliced Onions Cut Lengthwise : 1/4 cup
Coriander Powder : 2 tbsp
Chili Powder : 1 tbsp
Black Pepper Powder : 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
Water : 1/2 cup
Salt : 1/2 tsp
- Soak and make a paste of all the masala powders by adding some water.
- Remove the ends of okras, clean and cut them into small pieces as shown above.
- Heat the pan, add some oil and a few curry leaves, and sauté the okra pieces in it for a few minutes till the color changes into a darker green . Transfer it to a bowl and set aside. (Picture above)
- When the oil heats up , splutter mustard seeds, add the sliced onions and sauté for few minutes, now add the masala powders and sauté till the row smell disappears.
- Add 1/2 cup of water into it and cook the onions in it . As the gravy starts to thicken, add salt and okra and cook for another few minutes. Serve hot with rice.