An unforgettable delight for everyone back in those days. Papa always bought it and brought it home for his three girls and Mother would keep them in an air tight container for us to have it for later with our evening tea, and how eagerly we looked forward for that tea time snack! Each bite of it tingled my tongue with joy as I dipped it in the milky tea. Years have passed now, yet memories of the past linger in between and I brought a piece of my childhood back to life today!
Sugar : 1 cup
Eggs : 2
Wheat Flour or All Purpose Flour : 1 1/2 cup
Almond Oil or Another available kind : 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp
Baking Powder : 1 tsp
Vanilla Essence : 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Beat eggs and sugar for about one minute.
- Mix flour and baking powder together.
- Pour oil, milk, and vanilla into the beaten egg and sugar. Pour this in to the egg and sugar mixture. Beat for one minute.
- Pour the mix into an appropriate pan, preferably a cake loaf pan. Cook for about 40 minutes or a tooth pick inserted comes out clean. When it cools, cut it into small slices.
- Spread it on a cookie sheet in the oven on 200F for about 45 minutes, turning in between or till the desired crispiness is reached.
- Store in an air tight container and it will stay for weeks! Enjoy it with tea or coffee.
- For this recipe, all purpose flour was used.