Jaggery Syrup : 1 cup
Coconut Grated : 1 cup
Roasted Rice Flour : 1 1/4 cup
Roasted Corn Meal* : 1/4 cup
Cardamom Powdered : 3
Cumin Seeds : 1/4 tsp
Bay Leaves( if not shape it into small balls in your palm)
- Make the dough. First add jaggery syrup or molasses, varattiya chakka, crushed spices, and slowly add flour mixture while stirring it well with a spoon.
- The consistency should not be too thick or thin. It should be in between. (See the picture above)
- Shape each bay leaf into a cone, and fill it with the dough.
- Steam cook this in a suitable steamer for about 20 minutes or till it is done.
- *Rava can be substituted for corn meal.
- If no bay leaves available, shape it into small balls using your palm, and steam it. It will be good.